Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Easy and savory spread that only gets better as it ages. I always include the garlic and shallots but mix it up with whatever fresh herbs I have on hand. Other herbs I've used that worked well include dill, rosemary, and oregano.
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 4 ounces feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon shallot, chopped
- sea salt & fresh ground pepper
- Blend the cream cheese and feta cheese. Mix in herbs, salt and pepper. Serve on french bread rounds or crackers. Also great as a sandwich spread, especially with veggies and sprouts.
This recipe was just what I was looking for! I love feta cheese and needed a dip that would please lots of people who may find feta a little strong. The cream cheese toned it down just enough and it is an excellent dip! Thanks for posting this recipe, Chez Wendy! I will use it again!