Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got this recipe from Taste of Home, and made it for Easter. It was so yummy, and so right for a Spring lunch I had to share! And it's so easy, my husband was able to make it. *grins*
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons chives, snipped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease or line muffin pan.
- In a bowl, combine the first 3 (dry) ingredients. In another bowl, combine the next 3 with a whisk. Stir wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Fold in feta and chives.
- Fill muffin cups two-thirds of the way full with batter and bake for 18-20 minutes at 400 degrees, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes.
- If there are leftovers, refrigerate.
These are easy, tasty, and very quick--what's not to love? I made them with 3/4 c ww flour (I prefer the texture), egg sub, and skim milk and they still turned out terrific. I also used sundried tomato and herb feta b/c it is what I had on hand, and it only added a hint of flavor to the muffins. I was surprised that the feta wasn't a stronger flavor, but overall I think these were very good and definitely a keeper for cold nights when I want soup and bread. Thanks for sharing! Made for Healthy Choices 3008.
I forgot to review these!! This is my favorite!! I could eat these everyday. So easy to put together and such a great taste. Have made many times.Thanks Craftscout for such a great recipe!! Will be used often.
I made these for my inlaws last Sunday. Everyone loved them. My 3 year old nephew begged for one and sat down and ate the whole thing. The texture is light and they are so tasty and simple.