Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Feta and apricot parcels
- 4 sheets phyllo pastry
- 15 g butter
- 5 teaspoons oil
- 100 g feta cheese
- 4 teaspoons pistachios
- 4 apricots
- 4 teaspoons apricot jam
- Preheat the oven to 190C/170C Fan/Gas 5. Cut out 8 squares (19cm in size) of filo pastry and put them on a tray, covered with a clean, damp tea towel to stop them drying out. Mix the butter and olive oil together in a small bowl.
- Lay a filo square on a board and brush with the melted butter mixture, then place another square on top at an angle. Brush with more of the butter mixture.
- Crumble the feta and put a quarter of it in the middle of the filo. Roughly chop the pistachios. Chop an apricot and add to the feta with a teaspoon each of conserve and pistachios.
- Fold the pastry squares up over the filling and gently twist the top to secure it. Place the parcel on a baking tray and brush the outside of the pastry with the butter mixture.
- Repeat to make another three parcels. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Serve hot with some watercress.