Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
My husbands favourite appetiser!!
- 1⁄2 lb firm feta
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 medium tomatoes (sliced)
- 1⁄2 medium green pepper (sliced)
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Cut feta into 4 slices about 3'' x 4'' and 1/2'' thick.
- Place each slice of cheese on a large piece of aluminum foil,add tomato and pepper slices, drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with oregano and red pepper flakes.
- Wrap foil around cheese, closing it and folding it over to seal.
- Place foil packets on a cookie sheet and bake until cheese is slightly soft, about 10 minutes.
So delicious, and all I did was drizzle olive oil and oregano over the feta since I didn't have tomatoes or green pepper. I will certainly try it with those some other time. My kids loved it!
Very nice and easy. Made it twice, once on the BBQ and once in the oven. Both times it took more than 10 minutes because we wanted the veg to soften up a bit more. Such a simple thing to throw together, with impressive results!
Thank you Poppy! This is now one of my husband's favorite appetizers too!!