Prep 1 min
Cook 6 mins
It is a very simple yet decadent dessert. Traditionally, fet-ta is made with Yemeni flat breads like Qamata or Khubz, but tortillas can be used. Before making fet-ta, warm the tortillas directly on the the gas burner. This recipe calls for Semn, which is also known as ghee. You can substitute it for melted butter, but flavor will be different. Ingredients aren't exact.
- 2 tortillas, torn into small pieces
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons ghee
- 1 tablespoon sugar or 1 tablespoon honey
- In a small saucepan, stir milk and sugar or honey together.
- Heat milk-sugar mix on med-high heat until bubbles apear on the outer edge.
- Stir in the ghee and tortilla pieces.
- Mix often until milk is evaporated but the fet-ta is not dry.
- Adjust taste by adding more sugar and/or semn if necessary.
- Spoon feta in a bowl, make a well and add semn in the middle and honey if desired.
My husband was so please when he ate this!!.. He was saying you cooked it just like yemeni.... which I owe all to you!!.. Your measurements were pretty close!!.. I would reccomend this to everyone... it was soo easy and quick to whip up!