Recipe by Redneck Epicurean
Who'd ever guess that the ingredients include to kids' favorites - jellybeans and kool-aid! The presentation will wow adults and you'll get raves from the kids at the backyard pool party and would go great with a tropical theme.
- 1 (18 ounce) box white cake mix
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 eggs
- 1 (1/8 ounce) packetwatermelon cherry Kool-Aid
- 1⁄2 cup mini chocolate chip, plus
- 2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips (the regular ones are too big)
- 1 (12 ounce) containerwhipped vanilla frosting
- 2⁄3 cup watermellon jelly beans (I use Jelly Belly)
- 10 -20 drops green food coloring
- 10 -20 drops red food coloring
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease the bottoms only of 2-8 or 9-inch round cake pans.
- In a large bowl, beat cake mix, oil, water, eggs, and kool-aid together on low for 30 seconds, 2 minutes on medium speed. Stir in 1/2 cup of the mini chocolate chips and divide the batter between the two pans.
- Bake about 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes in pans, then remove to wire racks to cool completely, 1 hour.
- In a small bowl, stir 1 cup of frosting with the green food coloring. Color the remaining frosting with the red food coloring.
- Frost the sides of the cake with the green frosting and the top with the red. Press the jelly beans into the sides of the cake and the 2 tablespoons chocolate chips on the top.
- Store covered loosely at room temperature.