My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons melted unsalted butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup whole corn
- 1 small red bell pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1 small green chili pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1Preheat an oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Grease an 8-inch square baking pan with butter.
- 3In a large bowl, mix together the sugar, cornmeal, flour, salt and baking powder.
- 4In a large measuring cup, whisk together the milk, honey and eggs.
- 5Stir the egg mixture into the cornmeal mixture, mixing well.
- 6Stir in the melted butter and then gently mix in the corn kernels, chili and red bell pepper.
- 7Pour the batter into the baking pan.
- 8Bake until firm, 18-20 minutes.
- 9Cut into squares and serve hot.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Festive Sweet Cornbread
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 476.8
- Calories from Fat 204
- Total Fat 22.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 92.8 mg
- Sodium 434.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 15.2 g
- Protein 9.4 g