Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons melted unsalted butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 cup whole corn
- 1 small red bell pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1 small green chili pepper, deseeded and chopped
- Preheat an oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease an 8-inch square baking pan with butter.
- In a large bowl, mix together the sugar, cornmeal, flour, salt and baking powder.
- In a large measuring cup, whisk together the milk, honey and eggs.
- Stir the egg mixture into the cornmeal mixture, mixing well.
- Stir in the melted butter and then gently mix in the corn kernels, chili and red bell pepper.
- Pour the batter into the baking pan.
- Bake until firm, 18-20 minutes.
- Cut into squares and serve hot.