2 hrs 40 mins
This is a to "die-for" strawberry trifle. It is easy to make, or can be used with frozen berry slices, as well. This is beautiful for all holidays, dinner parties or just to treat yourselves! I found this on Diana's Desserts and have made a few minor changes, not that it needed it, but I can't help myself.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 24 ladyfingers or 1 chocolate pound cake or 1 regular poundcake
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 pints fresh strawberries, washed and hulled, halved or
- frozen strawberries, halved, if necessary
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 2 -3 cups whipped cream
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Amaretto, to douse the cubed cake
- 1Arrange a layer of lady fingers or chocolate pound cake cubes in the bottom of a large glass trifle bowl or other glass bowl, and douse with amaretto.
- 2Whip the cream cheese and sour cream with sugar and add the pudding mixed with milk until you get a smooth mixture.
- 3Divide mixture into two and cover the lady fingers or chocolate pound cake or regular pound cake, that has had a sprinkling or two of amaretto over and through it, with half the quantity.
- 4Decorate with strawberry halves and sliced almonds, and cover with whipped cream.
- 5Repeat the arrangement of the layers, and top with whole strawberries and whipped cream.
- 6Garnish trifle with chocolate curls.
- 7Keep trifle refrigerated long enough to allow to chill and for the flavors to marry.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Festive Strawberry Trifle
Serving Size: 1 (242 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 447.9
- Calories from Fat 221
- Total Fat 24.5 g
- Saturated Fat 13.0 g
- Cholesterol 120.7 mg
- Sodium 241.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 36.8 g
- Protein 7.3 g