1/2 Photos of Festive Spinach Salad
Battle in Seattle's Note:
Every time I make this, I get a lot of great reviews. I think I got the recipe years ago in a Taste of Home magazine. I always make extra dressing and keep it around (practically forever), as it tastes great on everything!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 cups fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup thin sliced red onion
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, quartered*
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained*
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted*
- 1In a blender or food processor, combine the sugar, vinegar, lime juice, onion and salt. Cover and process until well blended and smooth. With blender running, gradually add oil. Add poppy seeds and pulse until blended.
- 2In a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, red onion, strawberries & oranges. Toss with desired amount of dressing. Sprinkle pecans on top.
- 3* There are many fruits/cheeses/nuts that go well with this tangy dressing. Try any different combination below: Goat (Chevre) Cheese, Dried Cranberries, Toasted almonds; Feta Cheese, Mango, Toasted pinenuts; Gorgonzola Cheese, Fresh or Dried Figs, Toasted Pistachios; Blue Cheese, Sliced Bosc or Asian Pear, Candied Walnuts; Swiss or Emanthaler Cheese, Dried Apricots, Candied Pecans.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Festive Spinach Salad
Serving Size: 1 (148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 249.3
- Calories from Fat 171
- Total Fat 19.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 141.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 15.8 g
- Protein 2.0 g