1 hr 5 mins
Fuller Cooking's Note:
This is a dynamic and tangy tasting poultry stuffing that is easy to make. The sour dough bread combines beautifully with the simple ingredients and herbs.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb loaf sourdough bread, sliced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 3 tablespoons butter, margarine or 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons fuller's sage herb seasoning mix
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage leaf, chopped (optional)
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups heated turkey broth (approximate) or 2 cups chicken broth (approximate)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper, to taste
- 1Cut the loaf of sliced sour dough bread into 2 inch cubes and dry in 250 degree oven until stale (Crusts maybe removed but not essential).
- 2Heat a small skillet, add the butter, margarine, or olive oil and sauté the diced onion and celery until soft.
- 3Stir in 4 teaspoons Fuller’s Sage Blend, ¼ cup chopped parsley, and the fresh sage leaves. Put dried bread into a large bowl. Add onion mixture and stir. Add the salt and pepper.
- 4Lightly beat the eggs and pour over bread.
- 5Add heated turkey or chicken broth and mix to thoroughly combine. More liquid may be added if the bread cubes appear to be dry inside. Add just enough to make the mixture moist but not soggy!
- 6Stuff the cavity of the turkey loosely just before roasting or butter a large casserole pan and bake the stuffing for about 45 minutes at 350 degrees. Roast the stuffed turkey according to roasting directions for a stuffed turkey.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Festive Sourdough Turkey Stuffing
Serving Size: 1 (80 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 228.0
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 57.9 mg
- Sodium 502.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 8.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
herb seasoning mix