Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a versatile low-fat recipe for just about anything you can imagine!!! I got it from a "Homemaker's" magazine.
- 1 cup 1% fat cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup 1% low-fat sour cream or 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs (such as dill or basil, or 2 tsp. dried)
- salt and pepper
- In blender,combine cottage cheese and sour cream or yogurt; blend until smooth.
- Transfer to bowl.
- Add onions, garlic, parsley, herbs, salt and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate at least two hours to blend flavours; can be refrigerated up to 2 days.
- Serve with raw vegetables or other low-fat dippers such as mini-pitas,bagel thins or Melba toast.
- VARIATIONS: Clam, Crab or Shrimp Dip: Add 1/2 cup coarsely chopped canned clams, crab meat or shrimp.
- Cucumber Dip: Add 1 cup coarsely grated cucumber that has been pressed in a sieve to remove extra moisture.
Delicious! We used tarragon from the garden for the herbs, making as directed for a delicious dip with veggies. Thanks for sharing!