Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Simple corn recipe goes great with oven baked or fried chicken and is a great way to use garden herbs. Adapted from Simply Simpatico Cookbook.
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen corn (we like white and yellow mixed)
- 5 tablespoons butter or 5 tablespoons margarine
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red sweet bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped (or substitute fresh basil)
- 2 teaspoons fresh chives, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in skillet over med heat.
- Add corn and cook until kernels separate (2 minutes).
- Add remainder of ingredients, including the 3 tablespoons butter, and simmer covered for 15-20 minutes.
Wow, this was so yummy!!! I made it for lunch today and could hardly stop munching away on it as it was so tasty! :) I especially enjoyed the combination of herbs used (though I had to sub some dried parsley and chives for the fresh ones). The corn and bell peppers added a lovely sweetness, which was complemented nicely by the earthy herbs. I will definitely make this again as it is so easy, quick, healthy and yummy! THANKS SO MUCH for sharing this winner with us, ellie_! Made and reviewed for Newest Zaar Tag Game Octobre 09.
I agree with Fay Almeida. This is fabulous and a colourful dish. I to used fresh corn and then I cooked this recipe again with frozen corn. This recipe works well with either fresh or frozen corn. However, fresh corn definitely has the edge on this recipe but this is personal taste. A keeper especially for a colourful dish for Christmas Day. Thank you for posting.
Great dish! I used 4 ears of fresh corn cut off the cob and dumped everything in the skillet together at once. It came out perfect!