Prep 40 mins
Cook 5 mins
- 1⁄3 cup tequila
- 1⁄3 cup lime juice
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon grated lime zest
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 ground chipotle chile pepper or 1 1⁄2 chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 lbs large shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- salsa, and garnish
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa, about 1 2/3 c.
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime juice
- 1 tablespoon tequila (optional)
- 4 red bell peppers or 4 green bell peppers, sliced
- In a resealable plastic bag, combine: tequila, juice, honey, zest, salt, chile pepper, pepper and garlic powder.
- Add shrimp to bag of marinade then toss and marinate 30 mins-to 1 hour turning occasionally.
- After 30 minutes to one hour, remove shrimp from marinade and drain well.
- Discard marinade, unless you would like to cook shrimp in it for extra flavour.
- In skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat, and add shrimp; cook, turning once, until opaque, 2-3 mins-per side.
- Can be chilled for up to one day.
- Salsa and Garnish: In a small bowl combine salsa, cilantro, juice, zest and if desired, tequila up to 1 day in advance if you wish.
- To serve, place bowl of salsa in center of platter; arrange shrimp and peppers in wreath pattern around salsa.