Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Tasty sangria that can be adjusted to your taste, make it sweeter by using ginger ale in place of club soda. Triple Sec can also be used in place of the more expensive Grand Mariner.
- 1⁄2 cup brandy
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup frozen lemonade concentrate
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1 (750 ml) bottle dry red wine
- 1⁄2 cup Grand Marnier
- 1 lemon, sliced into rounds
- 1 orange, sliced into rounds
- 1 lime, sliced into rounds
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar (optional)
- 8 maraschino cherries
- 2 cups carbonated water (optional)
- In a large pitcher or bowl, mix together the brandy, lemon juice, lemonade concentrate, orange juice, red wine, Grand Mariner, and sugar. Float slices of lemon, orange, and lime and maraschino cherries in the mixture. Refrigerate overnight for best flavor. For a fizzy sangria, add club soda just before serving.
I made this and it was served while we were waiting for dinner (BBQ outside) so of course this went well. I used Ginger Ale instead of carbonated water and I also used Triple Sec. Everyone liked it and of course the recipe was left behind :) Thank You for posting and I will make again when family get together. Made by member of "Cooks With Dirty Faces" for ZWT5
Fantastic!! I used the 1/4 cup sugar and it was a little sweet, but still tasted great. The brandy and grand marnier mellowed nicely with the wine and fruit juices. I tried it with Fresca, ginger ale, club soda and on its own. Enjoyed them all :) Made for ZWT 5. Updated to add...I"ve made this 3 times in the last month!! Yummy.
Delicious sangria! Wonderfully fruity and sweet. It's fun with the carbonated water but really terrific without. I love this sangria and will make it often - thanks for sharing! Made for the A Taste Of Yellow - LiveStrong Event, May 2008