Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
a light salad, good for lunch or a snack
- 3 cups shredded carrots
- 3 cups chopped apples
- 1⁄2 cup crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup grapes, sliced in half
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (i like walnuts)
- 8 ounces lemon yogurt or 8 ounces vanilla yogurt
- sugar or Splenda sugar substitute
- in a bowl, combine all ingredients. sprinkle with sugar or splenda to sweeten to taste. throw in a few raisins and sunflower seeds, if you like. refrigerate overnight.
Upgraded to 5 Stars, a pleasant fruit and vegetable salad, even better the next day. I let grated carrot drain a while before combining with other ingredients to avoid watery salad. Served chopped walnuts separately as I shared this with co-workers. Used only 6 ounces of lemon yogurt, because that was the size of the yogurt container; as a result, there was the minimum of sauce as a binder. Thanks for posting. Made for Healthy Choices tag.
This is an easy to prepare, low calorie and tasty fruit salad. The recipe seems to make more than six side-dish servings, next time I'll halve it for my family of four. Made for Healthy Choices Tag.
This fruit salad is so good and so refreshing! It's light and all the textural differences complement one another so very well. It is not overly sweet or gloppy with dressing. I did not have fresh grapes so I used canned fruit cocktail; drained really well. I used roasted almonds, fat free Activa yogurt and it was just delicious. It held up really well for the 3 days it was in the fridge while we consumed it- very little breakdown or condensation from the fruit. My husband loves this recipe as much as I do.