Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Recipe from Midwest Living. Haven't tried it yet, but it is a nice change of pace from other slaws. Prep time does not include refrigeration time.
- 4 cups red cabbage, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium golden delicious apples, cored and coarsely chopped (or Granny Smith)
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, finely chopped (or green onion)
- 1⁄4 cup salad oil
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon coarse grain mustard (or dijon)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, apples and onion.
- For dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, mustard, sugar, salt, celery seeds and black pepper until well combined. Add dressing to salad; toss to coat. Cover and chill at least 2 hours and up to 24 hours.
Wonderful tasting slaw!! I used the golden delicious, red onions and dijon mustard. I love having different slaw recipes and this one is going in the rotation. Made for Zaar's Newest Star Tag Game 2012.