Recipe by FLKeysJen
This spicy dip is super easy to make and no one will even guess it contains pumpkin! You can serve it in a hollowed out bread round or miniature pumpkin. Serve with fresh vegetables, crackers or corn chips.
Top Review by D. Rose
I had to come back and revise my earlier review! I will def use 2 TBS of taco seasoning! at first, I thought it was a bit overwhelming with a salty taste but that's only because I was tasting it when I first mixed it together and when the taco seasoning wasn't really completely blended in. I just tried it again and the saltyness seemed to totally diminish! I let it in the Refrigerator overnight and what a difference! I even decided to take a chance and add like 2 handfuls of shredded colby jack cheese (packaged kind in dairy section) and it's even better when scooping up bits of the cheese! many thanks for this! now back to the kitchen..making a 2nd batch for family to take home! Happy Halloween!
- 8 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, softened (you can also use regular)
- 1⁄2 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup chopped bell pepper, any color
- 1 ounce chopped olive (optional)
- Beat together the first four ingredients.
- Stir in the bell pepper and olives.
- Chill until serving!