Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup nutmeats, Broken
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can fruit cocktail, drained
- Mix nut meats and brown sugar and set aside.
- Mix remaining ingredients and spread into greased 9" X 9" pan.
- Sprinkle top with brown sugar/nut mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Serve topped with whipped cream or ice cream.
I am in Australia and don't even know what nutmeats are - so I did this recipe without the nutmeat/sugar topping and it is still great! I was looking for egg and dairy free recipes and this one is easy to make and suitable for our allergies.