Prep 45 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a Taste of Home recipe from around 2002. It's a great variation on the traditional potato salad and great served for the holidays.
- 8 medium red potatoes, cooked and cubed
- 2 stalks celery leaves, thinly sliced
- 2 green onions with tops, chopped
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped peeled cucumber
- 1⁄4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 1⁄4 cups mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon fresh marjoram or 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 plum tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl combine the potatoes, celery, green onions, eggs, cucumber, red pepper, and bell pepper.
- In a separate bowl combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, yogurt, and seasonings.
- Pour over potato mixture.
- Toss to coat.
- Gently stir in tomatoes, peas, and cheese.
- Cover and refrigerate until serving.