Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
I whipped up this salad with what I had on hand. The flavor is very fresh. If you have a pressure cooker, the potatoes cook in 5 minutes! Try to use some red or yellow sweet peppers in this, their sweetness is an important flavor component.
- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch chunks
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar (or whatever kind you have on hand)
- 2 hardboiled egg, peeled
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons pickle juice
- 1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons sweet red peppers, minced
- 2 tablespoons yellow sweet peppers, minced
- 2 tablespoons green sweet peppers, minced (or 6 tbls any color combination)
- 2 tablespoons scallions, chopped (white and green parts)
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- Put potatoes and water in pressure cooker*. Cover, bring to pressure and cook 5 minutes.
- Release pressure, drain and spread in single layer on jellyroll pan. Sprinkle with cider vinegar. Allow to cool while you make the dressing.
- Cut eggs in half. Chop whites and set aside.
- Put yolks in a large bowl and mash with a fork.
- Add mayo, milk, pickle relish, pickle juice, mustard, celery salt, salt, pepper and mix well.
- Stir in red, yellow and green peppers and chopped scallions.
- Gently stir in potatoes and egg whites until well coated. Sprinkle with seasoned salt.
- Chill for at least 2 hours. Keep cold.
- * Note: if you don't have a pressure cooker, put potatoes in cooking pot, cover with cold water, bring to a boil and cook just until you can easily insert a knife.