Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 45 mins
From Southern Living. Marinates 8 hours.
- 1 1⁄2 cups dry red wine
- 2⁄3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (2 1/2-3 lb) boneless pork roast (boneless rolled pork roasts)
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- Combine the first 10 ingredients in a large shallow dish or a heavy-duty plastic zip-lock freezer bag; add pork.
- Cover or seal and refrigerate 8 hours, turning occasionally.
- Note: you may need to divided the marinade between two zip-lock freezer bags and put one roast in each bag.
- Remove pork from marinade (reserve marinade and add water, if necessary to equal 2 1/2 cups).
- Place pork on a rack in a roasting pan lined with foil.
- In a small saucepan, whisk reserved marinade and cornstarch; place pan over med-high heat.
- Bring to a boil, whisking constantly.
- Cook, whisking constantly, 2-3 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove and reserve 1/4 sauce; set remaining sauce in saucepan aside.
- Broil pork 6 inches from heat for 5 minutes.
- Pour 1 1/2 cups water into pan.
- Lower oven temperature to 325°; bake 1 hour and 30 minutes or until meat thermometer reads 155°, basting with reserved 1/4 cup sauce during the last 15 minutes.
- Remove roast and let stand 10 minutes or until meat thermometer reads 160°.
- Serve with remaining warm sauce.
OMG!! Soooo good! I didn't change a thing. Everybody loves this, so try it soon! Thanks for posting, ratherbeswimmin'.
Wanted to rate this one. Was goiong to post it, but did my check first to see if it was already posted and found it here. It is a very good recipe, very flavorful and really needs nothing changed in it IMO. It is great served with either rice or mashed garlic potatoes.