Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Yummy pork dish
- 4 lbs pork roast, boned and rolled (loin, shoulder, butt or leg)
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 2 teaspoons dill seeds
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon season salt
- 1 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups parsley, finely chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can apricot halves
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Untie roast; open out flat with fat side down. Cut 2-3 lengthwise slashes ½ inch deep along the thickest part.
- Combine garlic, fennel, dill, sugar, thyme, season salt and pepper. Rub mixture into pork surface and into slashes. Cover inside of roast with parsley. Roll into original shape and tie securely at 2-3 inch intervals.
- Build a medium fire in a bbq. Insert spit of rotisserie lengthwise through the centre of roast; check balance and secure firmly with prongs. Insert meat thermometer, angling it so the tip is in centre of roast and not resting in fat or touching spit. Place spit with roast on rotisserie of bbq 8 to 10 inches from heat. Place foil drip pan under roast.
- Let meat rotate and roast until thermometer reads 170F about 30-35 minutes per pound. Drain syrup from apricot halves, reserving apricots. Blend oil and soy sauce into syrup. During last half hour of roasting, baste meat frequently with apricot sauce mixture. Allow to rest 15 minutes before carving. Garnish with apricot halves.