Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I love the sweet and sour taste of multiple bean salads, but I can't stand the texture of whole garbanzo beans and kidney beans, which are usually in those salads. Whole kernel corn or other veggie can be used in place of one of the cans of beans as well.
- 1 (15 ounce) can green beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can red beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can wax beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can great northern beans, drained
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped orange pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped yellow pepper
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- Put first eleven ingredients into a big bowl.
- Set aside.
- Put the sugar and liquid ingredients into a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Mix liquid mixture into beans and veggies in bowl.
- Refrigerate over night.