Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup milk or 2⁄3 cup water
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in lemon juice until well blended.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating thoroughly after each addition.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour.
- Pour into a greased 12 cup Bundt pan.
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 50-60 minutes, or until cake springs back at the touch of a finger and slightly leaves the sides of the pan.
- Cool in the pan five minutes, invert and cool on a rack.
- Lemon Glaze: Blend confectioner's sugar with lemon juice.
- Drizzle over cake.
mirj,i'm sorry i made this cake tonight. and i just didn't like it at all, i followed the recipe exactly and i made sure my baking powder was fresh.you could barely taste the lemon.i guess i was expecting more.i'm sorry
Oh Mirj, what a delicious cake! When it was cooled and glazed and we dug in, (which was pure torture trying to wait for) the flavor was like lemon shortbread. Very fast and easy to put toghether for a cake from scratch. Mixed it up before dinner, and had it for dessert a little later in the evening. My bundt pan is dark nonstick, so I did mine at 325° for 50 minutes, and it was perfectly done. Fabulous! Thanks for sharing, Mirj!
This cake was very easy to make and the taste was phenomenal. I took it to work for a co-workers birthday and it got rave reviews. I had to give the recipe to several people. Thanks for a wonderful recipe!