Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Yummy salad! I also like to top this with a sliced grilled chicken breast or some grilled shrimp.
- 2 large avocados, pitted and peeled
- 1⁄3 cup thick salsa
- 1 head green leaf lettuce or 1 head red leaf lettuce
- 3 cups tortilla chips
- 2 cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 bunch chopped green onion
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced in 1/4 inch chunks
- 1 small green bell pepper, diced in 1/4 inch chunks
- 1⁄2 cup grated monterey jack pepper cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- Mash avocadoes along with 1/3 cup salsa.
- In a large clear glass bowl, layer half of the lettuce, chips, beans, green onions, peppers, and cheese.
- Top the first half of the salad with half of the avocado-salsa mixture and remaining salsa.
- Repeat layers.
- Serve with your favorite salad dressing!
I used red beans and roasted the peppers along with a jalapeno. For the dressing I used fresh lime juice and light olive oil. Exceptionally good!