Recipe by nanpie
The original version of this tasty recipe came from the Mobile Register newspaper, but has been changed slightly by the friend who brought it to my house for a Thanksgiving appetizer and now by myself. Serving in a deep-dish pie plate works well. Serve with Frito Scoops. Gobbled up by guests at a recent Christmas party. Prep time assumes having to peel and devein fresh shrimp. Tedious, but I never buy frozen. Cooking time noted is for the shrimpies...don't overcook! Don't add to the pot until the water is boiling. When you take them out of the pot dunk in cold water to stop the cooking process and prevent them from getting tough. Enjoy!
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise or 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 12 ounces seafood cocktail sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish (optional)
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled deveined, cooked and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend
- 1⁄3 cup diced green pepper
- 1⁄3 cup diced tomato
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium bowl, mix cream cheese, lemon pepper, Worcestershire sauce, mayo or yogurt and lemon juice until smooth; spread evenly over bottom of the pie plate.
- In a small bowl, mix the horseradish into the cocktail sauce; spread evenly over cream cheese mixture.
- Evenly distribute the shrimp over the cocktail sauce.
- Top with the two cheeses.
- Garnish with the chopped green pepper and the chopped tomato.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.