Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 4 fresh limes
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup finely diced poblano pepper, without seeds
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro (optional)
- sea salt (optional)
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 yellow pepper
- 1⁄2 orange bell pepper
- 3 valencia oranges
- 8 -10 cups spring mixed salad greens
- 2 cups julienned jicama
- 1 cup julienned carrot
- Squeeze the juice of the limes into a measuring cup. Add enough orange juice to measure 3/4 cup total juice. Combine orange and lime juices with olive oil in a blender. Transfer to a bowl and add poblano pepper and cilantro. Season with salt, if desired.
- Prepare the bell peppers by coring and seeding. Cut into 1/4-inch crosswise strips and then cut each strip in half.
- Peel the oranges and then cut crosswise into 6 slices, and then quarter.
- Using a large bowl, gently toss the lettuce with the jicama, carrots, red, yellow and orange peppers and the oranges.
- Add vinaigrette and toss until salad is coated and serve immediately.