Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Fruity and Spicy (cinnamon sticks,allspice, cloves, cardamom pods, vanilla bean) Cider to warm the soul!
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 16 whole allspice berries
- 4 whole cloves
- 4 cardamom pods, slightly crushed
- 1 vanilla bean, split
- 6 cups apple cider
- 4 cups cranberry juice
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups rum (optional)
- orange slice, to garnish
- fresh cranberries, to garnish
- Combine cider, cranberry juice, water, cinnamon, allspice, cloves, cardamom pods,& vanilla bean into slow cooker.
- Cook on low heat for 2-4 hours.
- Garnish with orange slices, if desired and fresh cranberries for a more colorful celebration.
This was really enjoyable. Could not find cardamom pods in my area, so I added some ground cardamom. This was still really good, but next time I would leave out the vanilla bean. It tasted fine, but probably almost tripled the cost of the cider. I don't think the bean was worth the added cost.
Wonderful cider! I really enjoyed the cardamom. I left out the rum, and the kids guzzled it down with me! Very good with no added sugar. Thanks!
Delicious and so easy! I made this for work and just let it simmer in the break room all day for a wonderful treat for all. Thanks for sharing!