Recipe by HokiesMom
I found this recipe on the back of a box of Wheat Thin Crackers. I've made it both with the pimentos and I've also subbed out the pimientos and used a pretty red pepper (if they are on sale). The original recipe calls for Miracle Whip Salad Dressing but I've used a low-fat mayonaisse and it tastes just as nice - actually not as sweet. So feel free to adjust to your preference on that. I like to add a bit of garlic to this dip too to give it a bit more zing so I've included that as optional. I love serving this with baked bagel chips or wheat crackers - but use what you prefer! Hope you enjoy.
- 236.59 ml Miracle Whip (I've also used a low-fat mayonnaise)
- 283.49 g frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and well drained
- 56.69 g jar diced pimentos, drained (can substitute with red peppers diced fine)
- 4.92 ml fresh garlic, minced
- 118.29 ml parmesan cheese
- 236.59 ml lowfat mozzarella cheese, shredded (1/2 cup divided in recipe)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together dressing, broccoli, pimientos, (garlic if using), parmesean cheese and 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Spread into a 1 quart baking dish or a 9-inch pie plate.
- Bake in a preheated oven set at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese and bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve with your favorite crackers or bagel chips.