1/1 Photo of Festive Hot Broccoli Dip
I found this recipe on the back of a box of Wheat Thin Crackers. I've made it both with the pimentos and I've also subbed out the pimientos and used a pretty red pepper (if they are on sale). The original recipe calls for Miracle Whip Salad Dressing but I've used a low-fat mayonaisse and it tastes just as nice - actually not as sweet. So feel free to adjust to your preference on that. I like to add a bit of garlic to this dip too to give it a bit more zing so I've included that as optional. I love serving this with baked bagel chips or wheat crackers - but use what you prefer! Hope you enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup Miracle Whip (I've also used a low-fat mayonnaise)
- 10 ounces frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and well drained
- 1 (2 ounce) jar diced pimentos, drained (can substitute with red peppers diced fine)
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup lowfat mozzarella cheese, shredded (1/2 cup divided in recipe)
- 1Mix together dressing, broccoli, pimientos, (garlic if using), parmesean cheese and 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese.
- 2Spread into a 1 quart baking dish or a 9-inch pie plate.
- 3Bake in a preheated oven set at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese and bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- 4Serve with your favorite crackers or bagel chips.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Festive Hot Broccoli Dip
Serving Size: 1 (26 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 25
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 12.2
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 1.7 mg
- Sodium 33.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 1.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lowfat mozzarella cheese