Prep 3 hrs
Cook 0 mins
This is a fun, festive, colorful holiday, or special occasion, salad that is unique and has a beautiful presentation. Looks great on a buffet table or family dinner table; it is also perfect to take to a holiday potluck. It takes a little work to prepare, but is well worth it in the end (this recipe originally came from a magazine, but I can not recall which one).
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained (white kidney beans)
- 3 cups cucumbers, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 cups radicchio, coarsely chopped (may substitute red cabbage)
- 2 small green peppers, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups quartered radishes
- 8 ounces feta cheese, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Place beans and each veggie in separate sealable plastic bags.
- Mix olive oil and lemon juice in jar, with lid.
- Shake to mix.
- Add honey, salt, and pepper to jar, and shake to mix.
- Pour 2 tbs of salad dressing into each bag.
- Seal bags and place in fridge for 2-4 hours.
- On a large serving platter, line up separate individual veggie groups vertically, placing the feta cheese and beans separately, in the same vertical fashion, in the middle of the platter.
- Sprinkle parsley on all.
- The result will be a beautifully presented, colorful vegetable platter.
i'm a raw-foodist, so i had to leave out a few items like the beans and cheese, but even without them, i thought this was delicious. i just kinda mixed everything together and ate it as a salad. very good.
The presentation was beautiful and receivel lots of compliments. I took two outer leaves of radicchio and used them as bowls to hold the feta cheese and cannellini beans, setting one at each end of the platter. I felt the dressing was a little bland and wanted a zippy flavor so I added some garlic and Italian seasonings.