Prep 30 mins
Cook 18 mins
Recipe posted for ZWT II 2006, taken from web site RecipeRewards, I find that posting recipes found on other sites here gives me more accurate and informative nutritional values. Love Zaar!!! This is a colorful rendition of a traditional recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease cookie sheets; set aside.
- In large bowl cream butter and cream cheese. Slowly work in 3 cups flour. Divide dough into 6 equal pieces and shape into squares. Lightly flour dough, wrap in waxed paper and refrigerate at least 1 hour. Combine remaining 1/2 cup flour and 1/2 cup powdered sugar.
- Remove one piece of dough at a time from refrigerator; roll out on surface dusted with flour-sugar mixture to 18x5x1/8-inch thick strip.
- Combine granulated sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle dough strip with 2 tlbs sugar/cinnamon mixture. Sprinkle about 1/4 cup M&M's on wide end of each strip. Roll dough starting at wide end to completely enclose baking bits. Cut strip into 1 1/2 inch lengths; place seam side down about 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients. Bake 16 to 18 minutes until golden. Cool completely on wire racks. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Store in tightly covered container.
- For crescent shapes, roll each piece of dough into 12 inch cirle. Sprinle with cinnamon/sugar mixture. Cut into 12 wedges. Place about 1/2 tsp M&M's at wide end of each wedge and roll up to enclose baking bits. Place seam side down on prepared cookie sheets and proceed as directed.