1/1 Photo of Festive Holiday Rugelach
Recipe posted for ZWT II 2006, taken from web site RecipeRewards, I find that posting recipes found on other sites here gives me more accurate and informative nutritional values. Love Zaar!!! This is a colorful rendition of a traditional recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease cookie sheets; set aside.
- 2In large bowl cream butter and cream cheese. Slowly work in 3 cups flour. Divide dough into 6 equal pieces and shape into squares. Lightly flour dough, wrap in waxed paper and refrigerate at least 1 hour. Combine remaining 1/2 cup flour and 1/2 cup powdered sugar.
- 3Remove one piece of dough at a time from refrigerator; roll out on surface dusted with flour-sugar mixture to 18x5x1/8-inch thick strip.
- 4Combine granulated sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle dough strip with 2 tlbs sugar/cinnamon mixture. Sprinkle about 1/4 cup M&M's on wide end of each strip. Roll dough starting at wide end to completely enclose baking bits. Cut strip into 1 1/2 inch lengths; place seam side down about 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets.
- 5Repeat with remaining ingredients. Bake 16 to 18 minutes until golden. Cool completely on wire racks. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Store in tightly covered container.
- 7For crescent shapes, roll each piece of dough into 12 inch cirle. Sprinle with cinnamon/sugar mixture. Cut into 12 wedges. Place about 1/2 tsp M&M's at wide end of each wedge and roll up to enclose baking bits. Place seam side down on prepared cookie sheets and proceed as directed.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Festive Holiday Rugelach
Serving Size: 1 (18 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 72
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 83.9
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 15.3 mg
- Sodium 41.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 1.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
miniature M&M baking bits