Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Delicious! I love this fondue. I hope you will enjoy it too!
Make and share this Festive Gruyere Fondue recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 lb gruyere cheese, shredded
- salt, to taste
- bread cubes, for serving
- raw vegetables, for serving
- Melt butter in heavy saucepan over low heat. Add shallots and cook until soft.
- Add wine and bring to boiling to reduce by half. Add whipping cream; simmer 5 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch with cheese and add to saucepan, stirring constantly until melted. Do not boil. Season with salt to taste. Pour mixture into fondue pot. Serve with bread cubes or raw vegetables.
And the winner iiiiisssssss....Festive Gruyere Fondue! Made for Everyday Is A Holiday.
This was so decadent...I enjoyed making this, and the cream added a depth that I hadn't tasted before. I reduced by half, as dinner, and served with a granny smith apple, crusty french bread, some bing cherries (YUM!) and homemade meatballs (which DH asked for...) I'll be making this recipe again; thanks, kittycatmom, for sharing! :-)