- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 lb gruyere cheese, shredded
- salt, to taste
- bread cubes, for serving
- raw vegetables, for serving
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in heavy saucepan over low heat. Add shallots and cook until soft.
- Add wine and bring to boiling to reduce by half. Add whipping cream; simmer 5 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch with cheese and add to saucepan, stirring constantly until melted. Do not boil. Season with salt to taste. Pour mixture into fondue pot. Serve with bread cubes or raw vegetables.