Recipe by Karen=^..^=
This is a variation on my Fudge Crinkles (A Great 4 Ingredient Cake Mix Cookie) Fudge Crinkles (A Great 4 Ingredient Cake Mix Cookie) that I hope you'll try!
Top Review by lisa062797
This sandwich cookie was suprisingly easy to make! I did find that the 2 tsp of frosting was a bit too much for each cookie, though, so I reduced it to about 1 tsp. Rolling it in the crushed candy cane added the perfect touch for Christmas flavor and presentation!
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box devil's food cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup crushed candy cane (or crushed starlight mints candies)
- 1 (16 ounce) can milk chocolate frosting (you won't need the whole can)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Stir (by hand) dry cake mix, oil and eggs in a large bowl until dough forms.
- Dust hands lightly with flour, if desired, and shape dough into 1" balls.
- Roll balls in sugar and place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until center is JUST SET.
- Remove from pans after a minute or so and cool completely on wire racks.
- When cool, take one cookie and spread about 2 tsp of frosting on the flat side.
- Take another cookie and make a sandwich, flat side to flat side, squishing a little so some frosting squeezes out.
- Roll in crushed candy canes.
- I individually wrap each sandwich before storing at room temperature.