1/1 Photo of Festive Fruitcake Cookies
Kathleen Constance's Note:
I cut this cookie recipe out of a magazine years ago, but have never made them, until now. They're very good, and not too labour-intensive if you buy the fruit already chopped. I modified the recipe slightly by adding the ginger. Also, the original called for shortening. I used butter.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine fruit and nuts in a bowl. Sprinkle 2 or 3 teaspoons of flour over the fruit mixture and stir to lightly coat the fruit.
- 2Cream butter and sugar together. Add egg, vanilla, and almond extract and mix until light and creamy.
- 3Combine flour, baking soda and salt. Add to the creamed mixture and blend well.
- 4Stir in fruit mix. The dough will be very stiff - I found mixing with my handmixer dough hooks easier!
- 5Drop dough by heaping spoonfuls onto parchment covered baking sheets, flattening very slightly with the spoon.
- 6Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Festive Fruitcake Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (763 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 68.8
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 9.4 mg
- Sodium 71.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 1.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: