Recipe by Crafty Lady 13
"Wow!" is what you'll hear when you serve this impressive dessert to company. This tart is not only pretty, it's also easy to make. From July/August, 2004 Taste of Home Quick Cooking magazine.
- pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 teaspoon almond extract, divided
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberry
- 1 medium ripe peaches or 1 medium nectarine, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons apricot preserves
Directions See How It's Made
- Press pastry onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-inch tart pan with a removable bottom; trim edges. Generously prick the bottom with a fork. Bake at 450°F for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and 1/2 teaspoon almond extract until smooth; spread over crust. Arrange fruit over cream cheese mixture. Start with peach or nectarine slices in the center formed like a flower, circle the peach or nectarine slices with the blueberries and then the raspberries. In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine apricot preserves and remaining almond extract. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 20-30 seconds or until warm; brush over fruit. Chill until serving.