Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Just in time for Christmas! Layers of red cranberry, green jello, and cream cheese in the middle. Haven't made it yet, but am planning on it! Found in Healthy Cooking from Taste of Home. It says to chill until set but not firm to help the layers from sliding apart when cut.
- 1 (1/3 ounce) box sugar-free lime gelatin
- 3 cups boiling water, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) can unsweetened crushed canned pineapple, undrained
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 (8 ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat milk
- 2 (1/3 ounce) boxes sugar-free strawberry gelatin
- 1 (16 ounce) can jellied cranberry sauce
- Dissolve lime jello in 1 cup boiling water and stir in pineapple. Pour into a 9x13 pan sprayed with cooking spray. Refrigerate until set but not firm.
- Sprinkle gelatin over cold water. Let sit for 1 minute. Put in the microwave for 15 seconds on high. Stir and let stand for 1 minute or gelatin is dissolved.
- Beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually add milk and gelatin mixture. Beat until it's smooth. Gently spread over the lime layer and refrigerate until set but not firm.
- Dissolve strawberry jello in the rest of the boiling water. Whisk in the cranberry sauce until smooth. Refrigerate until partially set. Gently spread over the cream cheese layer. Refrigerate until firm.
This recipe was very easy and yummy. I had a can of jellied cranberry sauce for Thanksgiving, and wanted to jazz it up. Only change was I used everything with sugar (nothing low-fat or with fake sweeteners). Everyone raved and enjoyed it very much.