Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Recipe is from Better Homes and Gardens.
Make and share this Festive Fruit and Nut Panettone - Bread Machine recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup butter, cut up (no substitutes)
- 3 3⁄4 cups bread flour
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon anise seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 cup dried tart cherry
- 3⁄4 cup pine nuts
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1 slightly beaten egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- sifted powdered sugar (optional)
- Add the first 11 ingredients to a 2-pound bread machine according to the manufacturer's directions. Select the dough cycle.
- Meanwhile, coat an 8x3-inch springform pan or souffle dish with cooking spray. For collar, cut a piece of clean brown wrapping paper into a 25x6-inch strip. Fit the collar around the inside of prepared pan, overlapping slightly. Coat the inside of collar with cooking spray. Set aside.
- When cycle is complete, remove dough. Punch down. On a lightly floured surface, gently knead in raisins. Shape dough into a ball. Place in collared pan and flatten slightly to cover bottom of pan. Cover; let rise in a warm place for 45 to 60 minutes or until nearly double.
- Stir together the 1 egg and the water; brush over top of loaf. Sprinkle with the 1 tablespoon pine nuts. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 55 to 60 minutes or until a wooden skewer inserted into center of bread comes out clean. If necessary, loosely cover with foil the last 10 to 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely. If desired, sprinkle with powdered sugar.