1/3 Photos of Festive Fish Fillets
1 hr 15 mins
I saw beautiful tomatoes in November at the Mexican/Arabic/Polish market and had to use them with the fish I was planning for dinner. I remembered a recipe I had seen while at the dentist's ". This recipe is festive in its appearance and its flavors. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 deg. F.
- 2Combine cilantro, garlic, lemon juice and 2 tbl. olive oil. Place in dish or plastic bag, and add fish fillets. Be sure fish is coated in marinade. Marinate for about 30 min., while completing rest of dish.
- 3Grease baking dish with 1 tbl. olive oil. Distribute sliced onions on bottom, top with chopped tomato, and sprinkle with salt and freshly ground pepper. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes - onions should be soft.
- 4Place fillets on tops of onion/tomatoes and drizzle marinade on top. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Return to oven and bake until fish is flaky, about 30 minutes.
- 5Serve with rice or couscous.
- 6Note: Cooking time will depend on thickness of fillet. If you use very thin fillets, you may need to remove them earlier and keep them warm, and return the onion/tomato mix to the oven. Total oven time should be about one hour.
Browse Our Top Christmas Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Festive Fish Fillets
Serving Size: 1 (380 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 393.9
- Calories from Fat 196
- Total Fat 21.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 77.9 mg
- Sodium 122.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 34.5 g