1/3 Photos of Festive Fish Fillets
1 hr 15 mins
I saw beautiful tomatoes in November at the Mexican/Arabic/Polish market and had to use them with the fish I was planning for dinner. I remembered a recipe I had seen while at the dentist's ". This recipe is festive in its appearance and its flavors. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 deg. F.
- 2Combine cilantro, garlic, lemon juice and 2 tbl. olive oil. Place in dish or plastic bag, and add fish fillets. Be sure fish is coated in marinade. Marinate for about 30 min., while completing rest of dish.
- 3Grease baking dish with 1 tbl. olive oil. Distribute sliced onions on bottom, top with chopped tomato, and sprinkle with salt and freshly ground pepper. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes - onions should be soft.
- 4Place fillets on tops of onion/tomatoes and drizzle marinade on top. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Return to oven and bake until fish is flaky, about 30 minutes.
- 5Serve with rice or couscous.
- 6Note: Cooking time will depend on thickness of fillet. If you use very thin fillets, you may need to remove them earlier and keep them warm, and return the onion/tomato mix to the oven. Total oven time should be about one hour.
Browse Our Top Christmas Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Christmas Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Festive Fish Fillets
Serving Size: 1 (380 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 393.9
- Calories from Fat 196
- Total Fat 21.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 77.9 mg
- Sodium 122.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 34.5 g