Recipe by Rainberry Blues
I love this bread. I usually serve it with sweetened cream cheese. (Cooking time is approximate, and is meant to represent the time of a bread machine's full cycle.)
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons yeast
- 3 cups flour (preferably bread flour, but all-purpose flour will work too)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup eggnog
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut up
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup glace cherries, halved
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients except cherries in bread machine pan in order listed.
- Use normal white 1 1/2 lb cycle.
- Add the cherries at the beep (or at the time in the cycle when you would normally add fruit or nuts- see your bread machine's manual for details).