Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 mins
A bright and versatile salad all year round.
- 16 ounces frozen edamame, cooked and then cooled
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons diced green chilies
- 1 pint grape tomatoes or 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1⁄2 red onion
- 15 ounces canned black beans
- 5 -6 leaves fresh basil
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 4 -6 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Cook frozen edamame for 3 minutes in salted water (1 tablespoon Salt). Pour into ice bath to stop cooking.
- Dice bell peppers and red onion.
- Cut grape/cherry tomatoes in half.
- Drain and rinse black beans.
- In large mixing bowl add bell peppers, red onion, tomatoes, chilies, black beans and cooled edamame.
- In small mixing bowl whisk olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Pour over veggies and lightly mix. Sprinkle ribbons of basil over top and mix lightly again.
- Some alternative ingredients can be added:.
- Sliced English cucumbers.
- Chunks of Feta cheese - add at serving otherwise it gets soggy.
- Red kidney beans
- Toasted chickpeas (garbanzos).
- Instead of balsamic vinegar use red raspberry vinegar with toasted pine nuts.
- This can be eaten immediately or chilled for a couple of hours to mix the flavors.
Added an extra can of corn to this recipe as well as chick peas and it turned out wonderful!