Recipe by Some1sGrandma
From the Arm & Hammer Baking soda box. This recipe is perfect for time-crunched schedules. The dough can be frozen until you are ready to bake! Be sure to decorate the cookies with the holiday-colored sugar crystals or sprinkles.
- 2 1⁄2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon arm & hammer baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons milk
- red sugar crystals or green sugar crystals
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Grease several baking sheets.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, and salt; Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer in a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in egg, vanilla and almond extracts.
- Add the flour mixture and beat until smooth; blend in milk.
- Drop by teaspoonful- about 3 inches apart- onto baking sheets.
- Flatten with bottom of a glass that has been dipped in colored sugar crystals.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Cool on racks.