Prep 45 mins
Cook 50 mins
Make small pieces and eat in moderation. This recipe was received from an Italian friend. Our family makes it for special occasions. Very addictive.
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 ounces white chocolate, melted
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 3⁄4 cups white flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 ounces white chipits
- 3⁄4 cup toasted almond, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup dried fruit (mixed glace)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat margarine until soft.
- Beat in sugar and eggs.
- Add melted white chocolate,juice and extract until combined.
- With your hand fold in remaining ingredients. The dough will be sticky.
- Form dough into logs almost as long as the cookie sheet and place 3 inches apart.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes until golden brown.
- Lower oven temperature to 325 degrees.
- Remove biscotti from oven and let cool 5 minutes before slicing diagonally.
- Return to oven and toast on each side for 5-10 minutes.
- Store in air-tight containers.
My family loves this biscotti. I did not chop the fruit before I added it so there was a variety of fruit flavors throughout. The biscotti dough was really wet so I floured the logs to shape them. Next time I will use less flour and more patience.