Recipe by talk2sabby2
Make small pieces and eat in moderation. This recipe was received from an Italian friend. Our family makes it for special occasions. Very addictive.
Top Review by 819737
My family loves this biscotti. I did not chop the fruit before I added it so there was a variety of fruit flavors throughout. The biscotti dough was really wet so I floured the logs to shape them. Next time I will use less flour and more patience.
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 ounces white chocolate, melted
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 3⁄4 cups white flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 ounces white chipits
- 3⁄4 cup toasted almond, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup dried fruit (mixed glace)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat margarine until soft.
- Beat in sugar and eggs.
- Add melted white chocolate,juice and extract until combined.
- With your hand fold in remaining ingredients. The dough will be sticky.
- Form dough into logs almost as long as the cookie sheet and place 3 inches apart.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes until golden brown.
- Lower oven temperature to 325 degrees.
- Remove biscotti from oven and let cool 5 minutes before slicing diagonally.
- Return to oven and toast on each side for 5-10 minutes.
- Store in air-tight containers.