Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
A slight twist from the others. Use your favorite french onion dip to create a creamier version! This has been in my recipe file for the last two decades and always receives compliments! Sorry Heather, I should have stressed to really rinse the dried beef well to wash away the salty residue, as I always have success.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces French onion dip
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (2 1/2 ounce) jar dried beef, rinse and pat dry
- 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup of your favoite chopped nuts, i prefer pecans
- Chop the dried beef into small pieces and mix with all other ingredients except nuts.
- Form ball, roll in chopped nuts and refrigerate until firm.
- Serve with your favorite cracker.
i agree it was toooooo salty. i mean almost anything would taste better. Also, if you ever decide to make this dish be near a bathroom because it will be like a ton of bricks
I got this recipe for my mom to make for our super bowl party. It turned out way to salty and oniony flavored. I think that if you use the dip OR the onion flakes this may take the severe saltyness away.