Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 1 cup Nido full cream milk powder
- 2 cups water
- 1 (397 g) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons gelatin
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup sultana
- 3⁄4 cup glace ginger, chopped (See preparation below)
- 3⁄4 cup glace cherries
- 3⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- 1 (170 g) can cream
- Combine Nido milk, water and sweetened condensed milk in a saucepan.
- Heat over low heat until just warm.
- Stir vanilla essence into warm milk.
- Dissolve gelatine in the extra water.
- Stir into the mixture.
- Pour into a shallow tray.
- Refrigerate until set.
- After setting, turn the mixture into a large bowl.
- Beat until it increases in volume, then fold in the remaining ingredients.
- Pour the mixture into a greased pudding bowl.
- Cover with foil and freeze.
- Preparation of glace cherries:- Boil half a cup of sliced ginger with half a cup of sugar in one and a half cups of hot water.
- Leave it to boil for 10 minutes.
- Strain it.
- Chill for 15 minutes.