Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
I'm not sure where this recipe came from and I haven't tried it yet. I just found it in my mother-in-law's old recipe box. It looks great and I hope to try it soon.
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 cup celery, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cranberries or 1⁄2 cup frozen cranberries
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped
- 4 cups herb seasoned stuffing mix
- Mix broth, pepper, celery, cranberries and onion in saucepan.
- Heat to boiling.
- Cover and cook over low heat 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add stuffing mix and mix lightly.
- Put into a greased 2 1/2 quart baking dish and heat in 325°F oven for 20 minutes.
- **This would probably come out just as good if it were stuffed into the bird.
I prepared this using Stove Top chicken stuffing mix. I sautéed my onion and celery in a bit of butter while heating the the broth and cranberries, and then stirred everything together before placing in a casserole for heating in the oven. This was an excellent way to dress up boxed stuffing and a great side for our chicken.
This was sooooo good! I used dried cranberries and omitted the celery (my husband hates it), but otherwise followed your recipe. We all really enjoyed this...the cranberries look nice and taste even better. I would have taken a picture, but everyone was so hungry, they just dug in. Thanks for sharing this!