Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 mins
Very easy and inexpesive dessert to serve at holliday dinners. It is also child friendly. I serve it every Christmas and there are never any left overs.
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained and juice reserved (4 servings)
- 2 (3 ounce) packages raspberry gelatin powder
- 1 (16 ounce) canwhole cranberry sauce
- 1 medium apple, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 2⁄3 cup walnuts, chopped
- To reserved pineapple juice, add enough cold water to equal 3 cups.
- Pour in a large sauce pan and bring to a boil
- Remove from heat and add gelatin:stir till gelatin is dissolved (2 min.).
- Add cranberry sauce and stir till well blended.
- Pour mixture in a large bowl.
- Refrigerate till slightly thickened (1&1/2 hours).
- Remove from refrigerator.
- Add pineapple, chopped apples and walnuts.
- Pour in a serving bowl and refrigerate 4 hours or till firm.