I found this in my Sunday paper. I haven't tried it yet, but am planning on making it for Thanksgiving dinner. Sounds de-lish!
- Drain pineapple, reserving liquid in 1-quart liquid measuring cup. Remove 1 tablespoons of the crushed pineapple, set aside for garnish. Add enough cold water to the reserved liquid to measure 3 cups; pour into large saucepan. Bring to boil; remove from heat. Add gelatin; stir at least 2 minute until completely dissolved. Add cranberry sauce; stir (gelatin mixture should be thick. Pour into large bowl.
- Refrigerate 1-1/2 hours or until slightly thickened (consistency of unbeaten egg whites).
- Stir in remaining pineapple, apples and walnuts; stir gently. Pour into medium serving bowl.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or until firm. Top with reserved crushed pineapple just before serving. Store leftover gelatin in refrigerator.
- Cooking time would actually be refrigeration time.
I found this 8 or 9 years ago and it is truly outstanding. Found it in a free little booklet of recipes at my local market. We enjoyed it with our holiday dinner and the leftover was eaten like a dessert. The picture with my recipe shows 3 thin slices of apple with the tbsp of pineapple over one end of the slices and then a sprig of mint was added to the garnish. My recipe calls for 2 packages of the jell-o, I think with just one box, the 3 cups of liquid would be too much.
Oh, this stuff is so good. I think our family got it off the back of some DOLE foods package. Great for Thaksgiving.
My mom made this for Thanksgiving and it was wonderful!! My kids hate nuts of any kind and they pigged out on it. Thanks so much for posting!